Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Group webquest evaluations

Well, it is finally complete! I am glad we were able to collaborate, and I am thankful for the group mate who took on the responsibility of writing up the final paper. I am glad it worked out, but I am also glad it is over. It certainly didn't change my opinion of group work. Maybe one day I will like it, but for now I am still not a big fan.
As for the Webquests; they are pretty interesting. I think Webquests can make group work a little easier, because the Webquest lists out all of the requirements, who does what, what is expected at the end, etc. It is kind of like a checklist. I think it helps to see it written out for all group members to see. I also like that an evaluation was included, so that the guidelines are there.
I can use what I learned to create my own future Webquest. I now have a general idea of what a Webquest looks like and how it helps with group work. I especially know what not to do after doing the evaluations. It is important to remember that these Webquests are public, and others will be judging your work.

2 comments:

  1. What were you able to accomplish as a group that would have been impossible or more difficult if you had worked by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think working as a group saved time, at least on my end. Had I worked by myself, I would have had to analyze my own information, create my own evaluations, and write my own report on my findings. I think that is the best thing about working in groups is gaining other opinions.

    ReplyDelete