Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Unit plan

I am trying to fix my unit plan, but I feel like I am missing so much or that I did too much wrong. My intended age group was preschool, but there aren't any NC standards for that age group. Then, I was confused as to who the webquest was desinged for. I know that preschoolers are more than capable of using the computer, but the reading part would be hard for them. So I figured the teacher would kind of guide them through it. I guess I will have to look over it and see what can be done.

3 comments:

  1. When I assigned the Unit Plan, I indicated that you were to design it based on NC Standards. If there were no standards, then why are you designing it for that age group? Perhaps you need to look at other standards for your age group and see how you could incorporate what you have designed into a different discipline, for example. It could be that you use the art or language arts standards rather than the science standards--especially since your WebQuest incorporates the talking e-book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this comment on another blog I was reading and thought you might be interested:

    Ms. H writes:
    I am currently enrolled in a teacher preparation program in Washington State where we are given an iPod touch for a quarter. Many of our classless [sic] are teaching us to utilize technology such as this in the development of students’ literacy, math and technology skills. I myself was pretty skeptical in the beginning, focusing more on the financial aspect of getting one of these in the hands of every student. Although, having seen the iPod Touch used in the hands of children in the classroom I now see the benefits. Students are more engaged in using this technology and are therefore more interested in what they are learning. We have been using the iPods primarily with kindergarten and first grade students. It is amazing how well these students can navigate this technology. The use of this technology also provides students with a varied type of instruction, which is more relevant to the world around them. This is one area our education system struggles with today; education is not relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed that note. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete