Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Internet research activity/ Delicious

I have mixed feelings about the Delicious site. I can see how it can be useful, but I feel like I am going out of my way to use it. Maybe I will get used to it and it will be more helpful?
The web evaluations are interesting. The websites initially looked good, but I am glad I am not looking for credible or timely information. Two of the sites I picked were lacking quite a bit of information. Some websites were just extremely disappointing after reviewing what a "correct" website should look like. Overall, it was an interesting assignment.

2 comments:

  1. You might try looking for websites that end in .gov or .edu. These will be more accurate and display more objectivity. I would definitely shy away from .com sites since their primary purpose is to sell.

    I'd like you to think a little more about how you might use delicious for a group research project (such as the one for your Unit Plans) or for use in your own classroom. How might you use what others have found--by searching the delicious site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally do only pull from edu or gov sites, especially if I am doing a research project. However, I have noticed that sites regarding children activities seem to be mostly .com sites. Also, these sites seem to have more appealing information. Maybe that is the point?
    I understand why we use Delicious, to me it just seems redundant though. I could search the Delicious site to see what others have posted, and this would help me stay away from sites that aren't credible or have the information I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete